I am currently a graduate student in the Physics department at a university in a biophysics lab. My research focuses on how cells signal and respond to the presence of tissue wounds. More specifically, I am investigating the complex spatiotemporal calcium signaling patterns that arise following laser-induced epithelial wounds. I am currently in the process of developing a computational model that describes, explains, and predicts the causes and dynamics of these calcium signals.
I really enjoy tutoring and teaching physics and math to others. I like to help newcomers to these subjects develop a deep understanding of the basic foundations so they can understand more as their education progresses.
Member for 3 years, 11 months
2 profile views
Last seen Mar 21 at 17:43
Top network posts
- 123 If water is incompressible, how can sound propagate underwater?
- 84 If an apple is magnified to the size of the earth, then the atoms in the apple are approximately the size of the original apple
- 76 What's wrong with this argument that Newton's second law implies all potentials are quadratic?
- 63 Is it possible to conserve the total kinetic energy of a system, but not its momentum?
- 60 Why do these two ways of understanding constant acceleration give different results?
- 59 How is pressure an intensive property?
- 56 What is the reason behind water not falling from a bucket at the top of loop?
- View more network posts →