🐌. Native speaker of American English. Linux user. Familiar with several programming languages in the procedural, OO, and functional paradigms.
- Worst Code Golf ever
- New badge proposals!
- Shakespeare bug in Ubuntu
- The Great Question Deletion Audit of 2012
Link rot is evil. Archive everything. The keyboard is king. Correctness over performance. Canonicalize, normalize, deduplicate. Don't repeat yourself. UTF-8 > UTF-16. Use static typing: good for tooling. Re-use; don't re-invent. Correctness, then clarity, then concision and elegance. Play devil's advocate. First understand opponents' positions.
Member for 9 years, 2 months
5 profile views
Last seen Dec 20 '13 at 23:10
- Stack Overflow 26.9k 26.9k 1414 gold badges8484 silver badges109109 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 9.8k 9.8k 33 gold badges4343 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Super User 7k 7k 55 gold badges4141 silver badges6464 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 5k 5k 33 gold badges2525 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Linguistics 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 335 How to convert a string of bytes into an int?
- 175 Pseudo files for temporary data
- 165 Recent feature changes to Stack Exchange
- 156 CURL to access a page that requires a login from a different page
- 127 Find size and free space of the filesystem containing a given file
- 117 What is the difference between public, protected, package-private and private in Java?
- 111 Builder pattern equivalent in Python
- View more network posts →