A few days ago I've read @Artes in chat "talking" about some inexplicable unupvoting activity going on.
Then, it happened today in some of my questions/answers, so I brought the issue into chat and there discovered this case, which I think is the most clear example . It comes from @OleksandrR.
The facts (timeline as I understand it)
- Feb 14, 15:11 Olek posted the answer
- Feb 14, 15:16 The grace/confusion period is over. No upvotes received yet
- Feb 14, 15:30 First upvote received. (and 12 more within a 24 hrs period, Total up to feb 15 : 13)
- Feb 23, 16:05 Answer accepted
- Feb 24, 12:07 An upvote. Total 14
- Feb 26, 00:57 An upvote. Total 15
- Apr 13, 00:53 An upvote, Total 16
- Apr 13, 00:58 The last (and thus all) upvotes are locked. They can't be undone if the Q isn't edited
- Aug 20, 12:51 The answer receives an unupvote, while all the votes were locked and no editing happened in between. (Total: 15)
What really bothers me is that the unupvoted answers/questions are quite good, with no controversial material (nor infix) inside. So I think there are no objective reasons to reconsider an already issued upvote.
So ... What is going on here? How is this kind of activity possible?
PS: Is instead Skeptics.SE the right site for this question?