Wolfram seems to be reorganizing its on-line documentation and thereby breaking some links from this site. I learned this today when Saturisk left a comment to one of my answers saying a link I'd made to a documentation page was broken. It turned out to be easy to repair, but I worry that this may be the tip of a broken-link iceberg; that Wolfram may be reorganizing all of its on-line documentation causing many links on site to soon break if they haven't already.
The old link was http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/JSON.html
The new link is http://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/format/JSON.html
The change needed to restore the link was substituting language/ref/format for mathematica/ref.
The old link was made using the Ref button from halirutan's button plug-in, so users of that plug-in should take note and fix their documentation links should they fail to work.
I started checking some of links appearing in rm -rf's list. The all seem to work as is. It seems redirection is working for these links and only old links that need to put into the form
are not being redirected. If this finding holds up, then the problem is nowhere as severe as I feared.
P.S. And it's not 'mathematica` that is causing the problem in the broken links -- it's the absence of 'format'. Even
gets redirected properly. I guess this is why it took so long before a broken link was discovered -- there are really not that many. I apologize for crying "Wolfram" :-)